Saturday 26 October 2013

Coconut Berryliciousness

 Todays breakfast was inspired by Abigail O'Neils Neopolitian Smoothie. First time ever that I made a smoothie with young coconut meat but it was soo delicious!!! In my smoothies I love to use berries. They are sweet but without much suger and they are packed with antioxidants -very good for your skin! Coconut is a good source of good fat and in this smoothie will keep full for hours! Flax seeds contain healthy fats as well as good protein. To make it taste even  more like a treat I added cacao powder -also full of antioxidants! And for added sweetness and to make it more creamy I blended in a banana as well. Unfortunately I ran out of chia seeds so I topped with mullberries (taste like gummy bears) and cacao nibs for an extra choco kick.

Makes 1 big or 2 medium servings

-Meat and  water of a young coconut
-1 cup of berries (I used half raspberries half blueberries)
-1 banana
-3 Tbsp flax seeds
-1 Tbsp cacao powder
Blend for about a minute and top with favourite toppings. Enjoy!

Next time I will try and add some spinach or kale and only half a banana but chia seeds. And because it's a really sweet smoothie I wouldnt top it again with mulberries ( and reserve them for green smoothies),but may be some almond butter. You could also add shelled hemp seeds which are an excellent source of protein.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me