Sunday 27 October 2013

Cauliflower Tabbouleh With Pomegranate seeds

This is an easy recipe for a light meal or side dish which you can also prepare ahead and then just throw together. I think it would be nice to add a little protein to it as well for example some chicken or fish.


How-to (makes about 3 servings)

-grind one head of cauliflower so it's rice-like (I've read that you can do it with your blender as well but in my case that turned out too fine)
-chop a handful of parsley and some almonds
Dressing:
Unfortunately I didn't wirte down the exact amounts and am now just trying to reconstruct.
-start with 3 Tbsp thahini
-add 2 Tbsp lemon juice + 1 Tsp olive oil  + salt + pepper
- now it's up to you: you can add a little bit more lemon juice or a bit water to make it thinner (which I did) and season to your taste

I had my dressing in a mason jar and the other ingredients each on it's own in tupperware in the fridge (today I finished the last bit and I prepared everthing 2 days age and the cauliflower was still nice and moist. Although I recommend to chop the parsley fresh each time). So whenever you want your salad just throw all together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me