Monday 10 February 2014

Does anyone actually really like wheatgrass?



So I got myself some wheat grass and barley grass powder and was totally excited about it. When I opened the packet it looked and smelled similar to matcha and I thought well that kind of grassy flovour is totally fine and happily made me a wheatgrass shot and took a sip and barely coudn't swallow it down. I tried to gulp it down like a shot -not possible! It's really very grassy!
I ended this experiment with just adding it to my morning smoothie in which it blended in perfecty and you coudn't taste it any more.

But that is not the end of the story. I tried to figure out another way of having a wheatgrass shot and found a solution!
When I had a bag of oranges on the counter I thought I should try and blend an orange whith the wheatgrass. Worked like a charm! It still tastes grassy but that's fine. I mean that's what it is. But the orange adds sweetness and acidity and with this it is actually tasty!

Mission accomplished!

What you need to do:
-Blend one big orange or two small (satsuma-sized) ones with one not-heaped teaspoons of wheat or barley grass powder. Less is of course fine too. Serves one.

Happy shooting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me